Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Week 6 Reading Diary A: Hanuman's Journey to Lanka


It's been a while since I've done any reading for this course, and I can say I am very excited to get to the end of Buck's Ramayana. I can already see differences between the writers epics, for this time Hunaman must make a great leap to make it to Lanka, versus growing in size and making a giant strides.  Mainaka and Sinhika are additions to the story that are new to me, and this is very exciting.  Hanuman's journey in Sinhika may be a great story to retell!  


This is so exciting to see that Vayu actually has a role in this part of the tale, given the fact that I have written three separate stories that incorporate him.  Although some of the information can be overwhelming at times, I do enjoy how much more in detail Buck goes, especially the detail of Sita's stay in Lanka while she is waiting for Rama to return.  I'm excited to see what Rama's reactions are when he gets the pearl and message that Sita has sent back with Hanuman.  Now that Hanuman has told Rama that Sita has remained faithful to him, I am wondering how their reunion will be after the war is fought.  

No comments:

Post a Comment