Monday, March 23, 2015

Week 10 Reading Diary 10: The End of the

Krinsha is very sure of himself and his strength, which is probably can be tied to the fact that he is a god, but still.  Although he is a strong ally to the Pandava's, he is also just and would rather have a peaceful outcome versus all out war.  I can only wish that Narayan could have drawn a picture or included some more description of Krinsha's celestial form.  

I will say that I was surprised how much description was included about the war.  I didn't expect it to last nearly as long as it had, since the hype pre-war was that the Pandava's would have been the clear winners.  There were many losses and gains on both sides, but I can only imagine how grief stricken Dhritarashtra is to learn that all of his sons have been killed.  I can say that he surely is a sly man in regards to his attempt to kill Bhima while embracing him.  Luckily, for Bhima, Krinshna is all to aware of what the old king is trying to attempt. 

(Krishna's Celestial Form. Source: Wikipedia)


Everytime I think I know who all the character's origins are, there is always one that pops up and I'm thinking to myself "where did this fool come from?!"  It's sad that the Pandava's had killed Karna and only learned of his origin after he was defeated in battle.  

I think it's touching that Bishma was cremated near his mother on the Ganges shore.   I was taken aback that the King, Queen, and Kunthi perished in a forest fire.  I feel that this may be the King's karma for not being able to stand up against his son, but what about Kunthi?  

No comments:

Post a Comment