Saturday, March 28, 2015

Week 11 Reading Diary B: Indian Fairy Tales Pt. 2

I liked the lesson learned in this tale.  I feel as if it took forever to get to the point of the whole story, but it was a good explanation of the moral.  If I were the King, I would probably be scared silent as well.  I am somewhat of a chatterbox myself, and this even teaches me a lesson.  Good thing I have already made attempts to slow my own tongue.

Too bad the Brahman hadn't taught or warned his son of why he would bring the milk to the serpent.  If he would have perhaps done this, his son may have still been alive.  He can be mad at the serpent, and his son, all he wants, but the serpent really had a point when he stated the only thing that brought the Brahman back was his greed. 

This story sort of reminded me of Hansel and Gretel, but of course with different twists.  The only thing that I wonder is if the Prince, who will soon be made king, will try and reach out to his family. I wonder if he also keeps all the animals and servants he has acquired, or if he will set them free once he is made king. 


The ending of this story was a little confusing, and I wasn't sure of what was going on, but overall I liked this tale a lot.  It shows that knowledge is truly power.  What confused me the most is that the King died in the end, but yet he was the Teacher?  Maybe he is a reincarnation or born in another life and is allowed to have known his past.  Perhaps he has come back as a teacher once his life as king was over.  Nonetheless, I like the moral of the story of how one can always turn to good no matter how bad they were in the past-no matter how bad they used to be. 

The Matted Haired Demon and the Prince. 

No comments:

Post a Comment