Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Week 5 Reading Diary B: The Great Battle

I am starting to see just how foolish and arrogant Ravana is.  He is the type of being that acts before he has time to think.  All characters in this story, so far, are smart enough not to cross Rama
s path. Even Ravana's own uncle does not want to help him in stealing Sita!  The only part of this section of the reading that I did not like was how Sita treated Lakshmana when she heard Maricha's impersonation of Rama.  She was quick to accuse him of  defiance only because he was instructed and wanted to protect her. 


My favorite part of the reading was when Indra met Sita where she is being held in Lanka, and gave her the food which would keep her from going hungry.  I liked the story about Rhambha, although what Ravana did to her was terrible.  Once Rama sought out the help of the monkeys the story began to drag, in my opinion.  This was especially so when Sugriva is instructing his army where to search for Sita.  I felt this part could have gone a lot faster, but maybe other reader's would enjoy and appreciate how graphic Buck is with his descriptions.  I applaud Hanuman and Jambavan for continuing on with their search although they have already surpassed the time allotted to them.  I can only hope they find Sita soon, and can't wait to come back and finish the book later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment